Laurie Young is the founder of Cha'coal Beauty n Wellness
Follow us on twitter @ChacoalBnW
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Capture Attention
How do you describe Ronald Friedlander? I know what I would say.....PASSIONATE. He believes in his product and he knows that there is a value added in his product. This man had a dream not of being a billionaire but “50 million would be fine” he said. He started a company that would give him that with only 2 % market share. He is absolutely obsessed with his product and his clients. And if I took anything away from his lecture today it was that. He comments that "If you want to build a great company you have to do things differently and the customer has to value and want those differences" something we have heard time and time again. It boils down to listening and adapting to your client. Ronald said it best in his lecture "Don’t expect a different outcome if you keep doing things the same way". People want new things they are tired of the same old same old, what are you gonna bring? Did you forgot we are in the Age of entertaining and engaging our clients.
Here is what he had to say about "Capturing the Attention of Potential Clients"
1) BUG attention (advertising)
2) BEG for attention from the media (PR)
3) BUG people one at a time to get attention (sales)
4) EARN attention
But in all, if you don't have the product, value proposition and most of all the passion then you won't be able to sell what you preach!
As a side note, Ronald was very blunt in his comments and suggestions and I would really like to hear your opinion on his comment about VC's. In my opinion, I would say it depends, however, entrepreneurship is all about taking a risk. If you do not believe and are not passionate about your business enough to make the investment yourself then that has a lot to say about the product in which you have created. On the other hand, VC's may be able to bring value added. But I shy away from them because from what I have seen it seems that once a VC steps in, you merely become an employee, and if that is what you wanted in the beginning why did you quit your job? But as I said, in the end it all depends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment