Laurie Young is the founder of Cha'coal Beauty n Wellness
Follow us on twitter @ChacoalBnW
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I'm Strange
Inaki Arrola the CEO of Coaches.com, entrepreneur, husband and father of 3. This guy "kept it real" today. He was not as cocky as I find most entrepreneur's which is something that I found refreshing. He calls himself "strange" but I would argue that he is more normal then most.....
He began with an idea and 28.55 euros like most of us and as a striving entrepreneur myself I felt like I could relate more to his experiences because it is what most of us go through when starting an online business. We don't always have an innovative and sexy idea. Most of us will be entering into a competitive market therefore we need tips on how to be a competitive entrepreneur from someone who's ego has not been blown out of proportions.
We had some USEFUL conversation in class today because Inaki was willing to take our tedious and sometimes simplistic questions. Questions that were dying to come out but perhaps there was not a setting in which to do so. Today was that day and this is sometimes what we need to help us to get through the first stages of our crazy journey towards starting up a "start up" lol.
Some key take ways from his experience are:
1) YOU NEED A TECH PERSON
2) NO ADS BUT USER INTELLIGENCE: Keep all your data so that you can use that information again
3) ALWAYS TRY TO BE DIFFERENT: In life and business
eg. At Choaches.com they speak well about their competitors and they believe that this builds brand awareness. I would like to see if this really does build brand awareness? I’m sceptically but open to new ideas!
4) YOU STILL HAVE A LIFE: its not all about the business
One question in which I have Inaki is:
- Based on the fact that he advised us that he used the Google algorithm I would like to know what specific aspects of the Google algorithm he used in optimizing his website and his comments on the benefits and weaknesses of using it.
In all, I think that this lecture gave a little hope to those of use that are not trying to enter into a completely new market. It showed that we can still "make it" even if we don't have a completely innovative tech idea.
Until next time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment